Kona means “Leeward” in Hawaiian. In Ancient Hawaii each island had a “Kona” district. Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, sometimes called Kona Town. Kona Department, a department in Mouhoun Province, Burkina Faso. Alternative spelling of Konah, a town in Guinea.
What do Hawaiians name their dogs?
- Akua (spirit)
- Alamea (precious)
- Aolani (heavenly cloud)
- Awapuhi (ginger)
- Lani (sky)
- Kai (ocean)
- Keiki (child)
What are some unique dog names?
- Toodle Lou.
- Muffin Chops.
What is the Hawaiian word for wolf?
Ilio (ĭ-lĭ’o), n. 1. A dog: ilio hihiu, a wild dog—a wolf; ilio hahai, a pursuing dog—a greyhound.
What does Kai mean Hawaiian?
1. nvs., Sea, sea water; area near the sea, seaside, lowlands; tide, current in the sea; insipid, brackish, tasteless. Examples: I kai, towards the sea. O kai, of the lowland, of the sea, seaward.
What dog name means loyal?
Fidel: Latin, translates to “loyal” Jeong: Korean, translates to “loyal” Damon: Greek, translates to “loyal” Dhruv: Sanskrit, translates to “constantly faithful”
What is the rarest name for a boy dog?
What is the rarest dog?
- Norwegian Lundehund. Dating back to the Ice Age, the Norwegian Lundehund is recognised as one of the rarest dog breeds on the planet due to its unique characteristics, which aren’t shared by any other breed.
- Lagotto Romagnolo.
What dog name means king?
Malik—Arabic, Hebrew. Means “king” in both Arabic and Hebrew.
Can’t pick a dog name?
- Choose a Good Dog Name That Ends With a Vowel.
- Stick With Two Syllables.
- Avoid Creative Names With Negative Connotations.
- Don’t Pick a Clever One That Might Get Confused With Commands.
- Choose A Name That’s Unlike Your Other Pets.
- Perform The “Nickname Test”
What’s the Hawaiian word for black?
Paele (pā’-ē’-le), v. [Pa and ele, black.]
What is the Hawaiian word for bear?
1. Carry. Hāpai, hiʻi, hali, paʻa; hāʻawe (on the back); — down, kaomi, kōmi.
What does Loki mean in Hawaiian?
If you say “Loki” or “Loke” in Hawaii, you’ll be talking about a flower. If you hear the variant, “Lokelani,” what you’re hearing is an expansion from Flower or Rose to “small red rose,” or alternatively, to the even more expressive “heavenly rose.”
What is Kaia mean?
Meaning:Pure; Life; The sea. Kaia is a girl’s given name primarily of Scandinavian origin. Kaia, meaning “pure,” is a diminutive of the name Katherine and is the name Cindy Crawford chose for her daughter in 2001. This elegant name also has roots in Hawaiian culture, where it symbolizes the sea.
What is a good pet name?
- Female: Bella, Luna, Lucy, Daizy, Zoe, Lily, Lola, Bailey, Stella, Molly.
- Male: Max, Charlie, Milo, Buddy, Rocky, Bear, Leo, Duke, Teddy, Tucker.
- Female: Luna, Bella, Lily, Lucy, Nala, Kitty, Chloe, Stella, Zoe, Lola.
- Male: Oliver, Leo, Milo, Charlie, Max, Simba, Jack, Loki, Ollie, Jasper.
What is the funniest pet name?
- Dunkin Butterbeans.
- Choo Choo Boo Boo.
- Empress Tzu Tzu.
- Farrah Pawcett.
- Fiona Penny Pickles.
- Monsieur Le Colonel Moustache.
- Tango Mango.
What dog is named in the Bible?
In the bible, the specific dog mentioned in the Bible is the Greyhound, also known as the Saluki breed in the proverbs 30:29-31 King James Version.
What name means love?
Along with Esme and Amara, other top girl names that mean love include Mila, Amy, Amanda, Mabel, and Philippa. Top boy names that mean love include Rhys, Philip, Lev, and Hart. Names that mean love or beloved in languages other than English include Carys, Querida, Rudo, and Sajan.
What should I call my male puppy?
What is the most unpopular pet?
- English Foxhound. This medium-sized dog was bred primarily to hunt – you guessed it – foxes!
- Cesky Terrier.
- Norwegian Lundehund.
- American Foxhound.
- Dandie Dinmont Terriers.
What’s the rarest dog color?
What is a royal dog?
Great Pyrenees As guard dogs of French nobility, this breed is incredibly loyal. Louis XIV loved them so much that in 1675 he declared them the “royal dog.”
What are the royal dogs called?
Royal corgis are the Pembroke Welsh Corgi dogs owned by Elizabeth II and her parents, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother. Fond of corgis since she was a small child, Elizabeth II has owned more than 30 corgis since she became Queen of the Commonwealth realms in 1952.
What is the Hawaiian word for shadow?
Aka. [ah’ kah] Shadow. `Alohi.
What is the Hawaiian word for beautiful?
The Hawaiian word for beautiful is nani [nah-nee]. In case no one’s told you today, nani no ʻoe – you are beautiful.